The Centre for Applied Behavioural Sciences (CABS) is hosted by the Department of Psychology, part of the School of Social Sciences at Heriot-Watt University.
You can study Psychology with us at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels at our campuses in the UK, Dubai and Malaysia.
At undergraduate level, we provide:
- BSc Psychology (UK, Dubai and Malaysia);
- BSc Psychology with Management (UK and Dubai);
- BSc Psychology and Economics (UK);
- BSc Psychology and Marketing (UK and Dubai).
All our undergraduate degrees in the UK, BSc Psychology, BSc Psychology and Economics, BSc Psychology and Marketing and BSc Psychology with Management, qualify Honours students for graduate registration with The British Psychological Society (BPS) (subject to meeting required standards).
At postgraduate level, we provide a suite of MSc degrees in Business Psychology, the most established of their kind in Europe. Programmes include:
- MSc Business Psychology (UK, Dubai and Malaysia);
- MSc Business Psychology with Coaching (UK and Dubai);
- MSc Business Psychology with Intercultural Communication (UK);
- MSc Business Psychology with Human Resource Management (UK).
Launching in May 2023, the MSc Business Psychology will be available as a distance learning programme, delivered via Heriot-Watt Online.
In September 2023, we are launching MSc Applied Psychology and MSc Sport Psychology at our Edinburgh campus. An application for accreditation of the MSc Sport Psychology has been submitted to The British Psychological Society. Applications are open now.
CABS members supervise doctoral students working on projects across our three research themes:
- Cognition, Brain and Behaviour;
- Lifespan Health and Wellbeing;
- Work, Society and Environment.
Find out more at the links below.